Help your students discover the wonders of the universe with a field trip to the Mayborn Science Theater!
Schools may reserve K-12 school programs in a variety of astronomy, science and social studies-related disciplines on weekday mornings during the school year.
We customize your field trip especially for your school. Schools may book any show title in our library and book any show time that fits their needs! You are not limited to certain shows on certain days at certain times. On the contrary, Schools may choose the day, time, and show title that fits their school's specific needs!
Our show times are Mon-Thurs from 9:30am - 1:30pm. Friday show times are 9:30 and 10:30am. Each show starts on the half hour. We accept later bookings on Friday but after 10:30am the minimum increases to 50 or more paid tickets.
The cost is $5.00 per ticket. Teachers are free on a 1:10 ratio. Special needs groups may have as many free teachers as they feel necessary.
We require 20 jor more paid tickets ($100.00) to schedule. Free tickets do not count against the 20.
Groups less than 20 can book into a show already scheduled by another school (as long as there is room).
Effective October 1, ticket prices increased from last year.
Book 2 shows on the same day and get 20% off. Normally, 2 shows cost $10/student. Book two on the same day, and we drop the price to $8/student. That's only $4.00 per show, and, as usual, teachers are free. This is a great deal, especially for those field trips where the students must pay their own admission.
Need more information on our shows like trailers, description and teaching materials? Click here to go to this exclusive area we made specially for teachers!
View our available school and group shows: Full Dome, Laser Shows.
Step 1: Plan your trip
- Select a show from our Show Catalog that is age- and grade-appropriate
- Select a post-show presentation and a roller coaster
- One show - $5 per child plus tax
- Two or more shows on the same day - $4 per child/per show ($8/child total) plus tax.
- Tax Exempt? Please bring your Texas Sales & Use Tax Exemption Certification form.
- Everyone in your group - parents, guests, siblings, etc. - is charged admission (except teachers and members - see below).
- Estimate the cost of your field trip using our estimator tool, click here Note: Sales tax is not included in the price. If you are a private, charter, church, or home school, add 8.25% to the price.
- We do not provide transportation
- For every 10 paid tickets, one teacher is free. You may include school chaperones and bus drivers in your teacher count. Special needs groups may bring as many teachers as they feel necessary without charge.
- Members and their children are free, but must be declared before payment. Refunds are not issued if a member is charged.
- Coupons are not accepted
- Use our directions app for directions
- You are ready for step 2!
Step 2: Request a Reservation
- Fill out our online pre-reservation form
- You may also call 254-526-1768 to make a reservation
- Feel free to ask the reservationist about our shows
- Provide all required information
- You will receive a confirmation letter
- If you do not receive a confirmation within 2 business days, call or e-mail us
- Check the confirmation letter to make sure the reservation matches your plans
- Make the reservation ASAP! You may lose your spot if another school calls before you reserve!
- You are ready for step 3!
Step 3: Finalize Your Planning
- Changes and cancellations - you must notify us at least two school days in advance. IMPORTANT - if you do not give us two or more school days notice, you will be billed the total amount of your reservation.
- Collections and final head count should be made before you arrive
- Payment is due at show time
- One payment for the entire group. Home Schoolers - collect all money before arrival.
- We accept cash, checks, debit and credit cards
- Last two options are preffered to speed things up
- Make checks payable to Central Texas College
- Your are ready for the final step!
Step 4: Enjoy Your Visit
- Arrive 30 or more minutes prior to your scheduled time
- Call 254-526-1799 if you think you will be late
- Group leader must check in and make the payment
- Students should be quiet upon entering the building
- Turn off all electronic devices
- There is a space for school buses beside the Mayborn Science Theater
- Cars must park in non-reserved spots
- And that's it!