The Mayborn Science Theater may be reserved for groups of 50-180 people. Groups of 20-50 can reserve seats at one of our weekend public shows or during one of our scheduled weekday school shows.
Effective October 1, we will start charging new prices, which are described below.
Bring your group and enjoy a show in our state-of-the art 60-foot dome. Our projection capabilities allow your group to do business before or after viewing a show and we can arrange catering through our full-service catering office.
From thank-you events for customers to employee training events, we can accommodate your group in style. Custom laser messages can be tailored to your group and we have a full complement of audio/visual equipment to enhance any presentation.
Groups of 49 or less may reserve seats at one of our weekend public shows and receive a group rate discount.
View our available school and group shows: Full Dome, Laser Shows.
Step 1: Plan Your Trip
- Available in the evening, Monday through Thrusday
- Also available Friday afternoons and all day Saturday
- Rotunda not available Monday/Wednesday evenings
- Admission is $4 per person, per show
- Estimate the cost of your field trip using our estimator tool, click here. Note: Sales tax is not included in the price. If you are not tax exempt, add 8.25% to the price.
- To avoid sales tax, please bring a Texas Sales & Use Tax Exemption Certification.
- What is the age/background of the group?
- Select a show in our Show Catalog
- Select a post-show presentation and a roller coaster
- Coupons are not accepted
- We require 50 paid admissions to book a civic group
- Smaller groups may book a reservation during public hours
- Smaller groups may have to share the theater
- Use our directions app for directions
- You are ready for step 2!
Step 2: Request a Reservation
- Designate a group leader
- Fill out our online pre-reservation form
- You may also call 254-526-1768 to make a reservation
- Ask the reservationist about our shows
- Provide all required information asked by the reservationist
- You will receive a confirmation letter
- If you do not receive a confirmation within 2 business days, call or e-mail us
- Make sure the reservation matches with your plan
- Call a week prior your visit to reconfirm your reservation
- You will be billed for everything you request in your reservation
- Let us know about any change in your visit
- Make the reservation ASAP!
- You are ready for step 3!
Step 3: Finalize Your Planning
- Changes in your reservation? Notify us two work days in advance
- Collections and final head count should be taken before you arrive
- Payment is due at show time
- We accept cash, checks, debit and credit cards
- Last two options are preferred to speed things up
- Make checks payable to Central Texas College
- Your are ready for the final step!
Step 4: Enjoy Your Visit
- Arrive 30 or more minutes prior to your scheduled time
- Call 254-526-1799 if you think you think you will be late
- Group leader must check in and make the payment
- Turn off all electronic devices
- Cars must park in non-reserved spots
- And that's it!