The Mayborn Science Theater may be reserved for groups of 50-180 people. Groups of 20-50 can reserve seats at one of our weekend public shows or during one of our scheduled weekday school shows.
Important Notice: The Mayborn Science Theater is closed from June 11th – August 31st for renovations.
Our office is open for business, but there are no shows or new field trips during this period.
Bring your group and enjoy a show in our state-of-the art 60-foot dome. Our projection capabilities allow your group to do business before or after viewing a show and we can arrange catering through our full-service catering office.
From thank-you events for customers to employee training events, we can accommodate your group in style. Custom laser messages can be tailored to your group and we have a full complement of audio/visual equipment to enhance any presentation.
Groups of 49 or less may reserve seats at one of our weekend public shows and receive a group rate discount.
View our available school and group shows: Full Dome, Laser Shows.
Step 1: Plan Your Trip
- Available in the evening, Monday through Thrusday
- Also available Friday afternoons and all day Saturday
- Rotunda not available Monday/Wednesday evenings
- Admission is $4 per person, per show
- Estimate the cost of your field trip using our estimator tool, click here. Note: Sales tax is not included in the price. If you are not tax exempt, add 8.25% to the price.
- To avoid sales tax, please bring a Texas Sales & Use Tax Exemption Certification.
- What is the age/background of the group?
- Select a show in our Show Catalog
- Select a post-show presentation and a roller coaster
- Coupons are not accepted
- We require 50 paid admissions to book a civic group
- Smaller groups may book a reservation during public hours
- Smaller groups may have to share the theater
- Use our directions app for directions
- You are ready for step 2!
Step 2: Request a Reservation
- Designate a group leader
- Fill out our online pre-reservation form
- You may also call 254-526-1768 to make a reservation
- Ask the reservationist about our shows
- Provide all required information asked by the reservationist
- You will receive a confirmation letter
- If you do not receive a confirmation within 2 business days, call or e-mail us
- Make sure the reservation matches with your plan
- Call a week prior your visit to reconfirm your reservation
- You will be billed for everything you request in your reservation
- Let us know about any change in your visit
- Make the reservation ASAP!
- You are ready for step 3!
Step 3: Finalize Your Planning
- Changes in your reservation? Notify us two work days in advance
- Collections and final head count should be taken before you arrive
- Payment is due at show time
- We accept cash, checks, debit and credit cards
- Last two options are preferred to speed things up
- Make checks payable to Central Texas College
- Your are ready for the final step!
Step 4: Enjoy Your Visit
- Arrive 30 or more minutes prior to your scheduled time
- Call 254-526-1799 if you think you think you will be late
- Group leader must check in and make the payment
- Turn off all electronic devices
- Cars must park in non-reserved spots
- And that's it!